Sunday, September 27, 2015

Rule 322: Just Treat Everybody Like It's Their Birthday!

September 9, 2015

Rule 332: Just treat everybody like it's their birthday even if they don't deserve it, because we all mess up sometimes. The biggest mess up? Not forgiving each other's mess ups.-Kid Presiden


Biggest news: I have another companion now! We are in a trio here in Modena! It was kinda crazy getting everything ready for her because we don't have three of anything but it'll all work out. Plus she is only here for three weeks. Her name is Sorella Yonk and I love her already! Her companion went home today so we went to Bologna and picked her up.  She is super fun and I think the three of us are going to work well together these three weeks. The best part about the situation is that we get to go work in Bologna one day a week! Bologna is Sorella Yonk's city and President wants us to keep up the work there. I am excited to see some of the people I worked with in Bologna again! AND I will get to see Jenny and Loredana get baptized! What a tender mercy of the Lord. I couldn't be happier. It is so incredible how the Lord works. If I had any doubts of why I am here in Modena they are gone. The Lord is giving me such a huge blessing and I'm at a loss for words.

But other things happened this week too:  On Thursday and Friday we had a scambio with the Milano Sorelle! I
went to Milano with Sorella Burt! And Sorella Hibo was going to come to Modena to work with Sorella Besco, but after some train confusion they ended up going to Milano too. Milano is huge though so it can handle a few extra Sorelle. It was so fun to be in such a huge city, there were so many people! Haha I'm used to our quaint little Modena. It was a
great scambio. We spent most of our time doing finding work. We are really trying to find more people to teach here in Modena so it was great to get some practice. I learned a lot from Sorella Burt. She is just so positive and confident. I loved spending a day with her.

On Saturday we went to Gianni and Patrizia's house! It was the first time any missionaries ever visited them at the house because it's kind of far. They live in the mountains and it was gorgeous! Patrizia is also a really great artist so her house is covered with little murals she painted on the walls. Gianni and Patrizia are doing wonderful since their baptism. They are just so faithful and constant. The spirit is constantly with them because they are constantly trying to
do the right thing.

Church on Sunday was wonderful! I just love fast Sundays. I love hearing the testimonies of the wonderful members here. This Ward is so amazing and I'm sad we will have to miss some Sunday's here to go to Bologna's ward. But I know everything will work out. This week has been quite on the crazy side but I am just so thankful
that we have a Heavenly Father who has a plan for each and every one of us. We have no need to doubt. We have no need to fear or stress. He is always there.

I love these words from Mormon 9:
27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things so ever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
28 Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God.

It's as simple as that :) I pray that I will always be able to endure to the end. I know it is possible for each one of us!

Love you all, thank you for the letters,

Sorella Dani Hamblin




No comments:

Post a Comment