Sunday, September 27, 2015

Rule 241: If You Always Do What You've Always Done...

August 12, 2015

Rule 241: If you always do what you've always done, you will always
get what you always got

Today was our mission-wide Feragosto Super Deep Cleaning P-day event!
Today everyone in the mission super deep cleaned their apartments. And
it was an event I'll tell you ;) it was a fun day of finding hidden
treasures of missionaries past and debugging our apartment. For some
reason we decided to leave Gideon the huge spider in a study room. We
see him as more as a protection from other bugs than a threat. Sorry
if that grosses any of you out but I can tell you the rest of our
apartment is spiffy clean!

This was an interesting week. We met some "fun" people. Sorella Besco
and I really trying to find some new people to teach. We decided to
try changing up how we work a little because like President Dibb
always says, "If you always do what you've always done, you will
always get what you always got."

We decided to talk to the guy who works at the bar we always pass to
and from church. He always waves at us and one time he gave us
brioches. Well we stopped and he said he a lot of questions.
As we were talking to him a woman was there as well. She saw the Book
of Mormon in my basket and told me she had never seen one before, I
explained it and told her we could bring one to her house. She was
very excited and said she would love that. She is going on vacation
for two weeks but I am excited to see her as soon as she gets back.
Anyways back to the other guy, it turns out all he wanted to do was
tell us that we were wrong and that we couldn't change the world. He
practically just yelled at us the whole time. However, I didn't feel
bad or ashamed or anything. I just felt even more confident and full
of the spirit. I didn't feel the need to argue back, not that he would
have let me.  He told me there is no God and told me to try praying to
myself. I just left him my testimony that we are all children of a
loving Heavenly Father. He told me I was hard headed, but the thing is
he just doesn't know. He hasn't felt what I have felt. He probably has
never felt the Holy Ghost confirm something in his heart. He has
probably never felt the joy of having a prayer answered while reading
a scripture. I left feeling bad for him. We tried to leave the Book of
Mormon or even a pamphlet but he refused both. We still wave at him
every time we pass by. My companion and I talked about how experiences
like that just make us grateful to have been born in the church.
Sometimes it's really hard to find the truth.

I'm sorry for a shorter email this week but I've run out of time! Hope
you all have a great week!

Love you all!!!

Sorella Dani Hamblin

No comments:

Post a Comment