Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rule 258: Learn to Love Correction

May 20, 2015

We had a very busy week! 

Thursday was my year mark! I can't believe a year has gone by already. It really does go by so fast. SO FAST! I can't believe how much I have learned and have grown in a year. I am so thankful to be here as a missionary for the Lord. Every moment is precious. It isn't easy but it is always worth it. I love this work. I love this Gospel. On Thursday it was also the birthday of one of the anziani here in Bologna. We made a cake for English class out of pineapple juice (I promise it was good!).  He thought it was for him but we were actually celebrating my year mark ;) 

On Thursday we also set a baptism date with our investigator Chiara. The date is in July. She feels it is a bit early but I feel like she could be baptized today! Haha but I understand that change is hard and it takes time. Chiara is so strong. I know she will do great things for this church. 

Saturday we had a good couple of miracles in a row. We met a man named Gilberto on the bus for the 3rd time. We had  given his number to the elders but he had told them that he wasn't interested. We got off on the same stop as him and talked to him for 20 minutes about the Book of Mormon. And at the end he accepted the Book. He said that he wanted to read it a little before he met with the missionaries. We left him with Ether 12 to read. We will follow up with him this week to see if he has started to read it. 

Right after that at our next bus stop Sorella Distante felt impressed to help a lady who was struggling to walk down the street. We approached her and asked if we could help. As soon as she saw our tags she said that all of us were so nice. We asked her if she had met the elders before and she had. She then looked at my name tag and said I've talked to you on the phone! At that moment I realized who she was. Her name was Angela and the elders had given us her name as a referral. I had called her and talked to her for 10 minutes but in the end she felt that she wasn't ready to meet with us. After meeting us in person she decided that we could meet this weekend to talk a little about the Book of Mormon. I am so thankful that we met these two wonderful people and I am thankful God is directing our paths.

Monday we received our iPads. We can't use them for much yet, I'm emailing from a computer at an internet point today. But I am excited to use this tool to further the work. 

Yesterday we visited our less-active member who has a strong desire to go to the temple. She is working for a September goal. She did good and came to church twice, paid her tithing, and on Friday we fasted with her as she did her first 24 hour fast. I am in awe of her strength. Unfortunately, the last two Sundays she has had work. She really wanted to come to church this past Sunday so she called her work after we fasted and they actually gave her the day off! Miracles! She has work again this Sunday though. We are praying she finds a way to work it out. I know she can do it. I am so grateful I met her because she has changed me. She is so humble. She is changing even though it is not easy.

Sorella Distante and I have talked a lot about change this week. We are at crucial stages with a lot of our investigators. They need to decide to change or not. I really liked something that Anziano Bednar said at the conference we had a couple of weeks ago. He told us that we need to get used to loving correction. Being corrected is not easy. Trust me, I get it. I am learning a lot about what humility looks like. I am so thankful for these people who are willing to change. I want  to be more like them. 

I am excited for this upcoming week. We have appointments with some new people. We get transfer news on Saturday. I am probably leaving (I have been here in Bologna for 6 months!) But who knows, I am always surprised. We probably have a scambio too but haven't heard anything so we'll see. One thing is for sure, it will be a week full of MIRACLES!

Vi vooglio un mondo di bene,

Sorella Hamblin



My one year mark!  


Anziano Atwood's Birthday


A member took us to a Sushi Buffet to celebrate my one year mark.

(Mom note:  That would be a first -- never wanted to go to one at home!  Wonder how she did!)


Sorelle of the Bologna Zone


Bologna Zone




No comments:

Post a Comment