Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rule 72: American desserts always win



This week was by far one of my favorites on the mission. I have had some of the sweetest spiritual experiences this week with the people we are teaching. I have seen people open up. I have seen the gospel put light in people's eyes. One investigator broke up with her boyfriend because of the changes she is making in her life. But before she did, she taught him the plan of salvation. I have seen the Book of Mormon answer questions direction and have felt the spirit guide us directly where we need to go. The Lord has really opened up the hearts of people near the church and I believe we will keep seeing blessings from the church changing buildings. The anziani (elders) and us are both finding a lot more people close to our new church building. It's amazing to see the Lord's hand directly in our work.

My companion is going home this week and so is my trainer. The biggest thing they have taught me is not to  waste a single second. The time we have here is precious. I don't want to look back with any regrets.

This week in my personal study I started reading the war chapters in Alma. For some reason I kept applying the Lamanites to the Jehovah Witnesses (there are so many here!!!!) I felt bad for thinking this but I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole time I was reading. This went on all week. I even told my companion how guilty I felt about it. Then on Sunday we went to visit a recent convert and who did we find there? Jehovah Witnesses! Uh oh. It broke my heart. She said she has them over because she doesn't understand the Bible. We visited this convert again yesterday and she is really confused right now. Uh oh. I have no doubt that my personal study was actually a warning. I know where we need to focus our efforts. I have no doubt this new convert will be okay, but I know we have some work to do. 

Oh yeah, we also had Susan's baptism on Saturday!!! It was beautiful. Simply beautiful. I have never seen her so happy. I saw her yesterday and she is still just floating on a cloud. She had waited a long time for this but I know this was the right time for her. The Lord knows us and what we need. He will not give us challenges we cannot handle. President Sotilli asked me to bear my testimony at the baptism and I don't think I have ever just felt so full of love and joy. It was amazing. I know there were missionaries all over Italy and America cheering for Susan on Saturday. The branch has also  been a great support to her and I am so thankful for that. Everyone brought desserts but of course those American chocolate chip cookies we brought were the first to go. Italians know food but Americans will always win with their desserts.

Remember God loves you, 

VVB

Sorella Dani Hamblin





No comments:

Post a Comment