Thursday, November 5, 2015

Rule 390: Everyday is a New Beginning!

October 28, 2015

Ina's baptism was on Friday. There weren't a lot of people there
because everyone was working that night but President and Sorella Dibb
came. They don't get to come to a lot of baptisms with all the
things they do so it was nice for them to come! Of course everything
was crazy right before the baptism: people getting sick, people who
are giving the talks can't make it, no one is answering their phone
but as soon as the baptism started the spirit was so strong. Ina has
waited so long for this moment, I've never seen anyone one want it
more than her! I just love baptisms because they are so simple. It is
through this simplicity that you are really able to feel the spirit.
No distractions. Just spirit. I love it! Ina's baptism was just as
beautiful as she is and I'm so happy for her. She was just glowing
Friday night. This Gospel really does change lives. It gives people a
new start. I am so thankful for the power of the Atonement. I have
learned so much about the Atonement this past year and a half. It
really is incredible how through Jesus Christ we are healed.
On Sunday morning Ina was confirmed a member of the church and
received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Her blessing was incredible, I
know she is going to be a huge blessing to this ward.

On Sunday another less active member came back to the church for the
first time! He has been coming to F.H.E. the past six months but after
many prayers from us and the anziani he finally came back to church
after years. I know this path back hasn't been easy but I am so proud
of his courage and trust in God.

This week we had some highs but we had some really low lows. We had so
many hard rejections this week... I don't really want to talk about
them. Haha! Sunday night I was feeling kind of frustrated. I'm used to
rejection after a year and half but this week was especially hard for
some reason. One of the biggest blessings on the mission is you really
get to feel how much the Lord loves these people. It is so amazing and
wonderful but it also means when people reject God and Christ you hurt
more. You hurt because you love them and you know this message will
make them happier but they are pushing it away. I felt of a lot of
sadness this week because people I really loved were pushing away
Christ. Monday morning I read Alma chapter 5. It really helped. The
whole chapter is amazing but verses 44-46 really stuck out to me (this
is also my Ponderize scripture):
"For I am called to speak after this manner, according to the holy
order of God, which is in Christ Jesus; yea, I am commanded to stand
and testify unto this people the things which have been spoken by our
fathers concerning the things which are to come.
And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things
myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things
whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of
their surety?
Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit
of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know
these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are
true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy
Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."

All I can do is invite people. The beautiful thing about this Plan of
Happiness is that we are all free to choose. I have no control over
other people but I can testify to what I know to be true. And I do
know these things are true.

Yesterday we had a really tough lesson with a member. She was really
struggling with the fact that there is so much injustice in the world.
She works with mentally handicapped individuals and she doesn't
understand how God could let people live like that. The question of
why life is unfair is one of the toughest to answer. You really have
to trust God. The Plan of Salvation is perfect. It really is for our
happiness. But this life on earth is only a small part of the plan. We
aren't meant to receive all of our happiness here on this earth. The
purpose of this life is 1) to get a body and 2) to learn and become
like our father in Heaven. If we didn't have trials we wouldn't grow.
It is impossible to climb a smooth mountain. We need the ridges and
rocks so we can have something to hang onto as we climb. Life is like
that as well. We could not progress if we did not have trials. I don't
understand everything in this life but I trust God and know that one
day I will!

I am thankful for this time I have to be here in Italy and represent
my Savior whom I love.

I am thankful also for all you who support me!
I love you all!

V.V. B.

Sorella Dani Hamblin

No comments:

Post a Comment