Thursday, November 5, 2015

Rule 375: Make Christ your Everything!

October 14, 2015

This week was a little harder. We are still trying to find some new
people to teach. We haven't had a lot of success, but at least the people
we are teaching are wonderful! Weather hasn't been on our side either.
Haha -- but I have super grateful for my rain jacket. I actually like
riding in the rain... As long as I can see!

We had Zone Training on Thursday. It was my last one. But that's okay
because next Wednesday all the sisters in the mission get to go to a
conference in Milano with Bonnie L. Oscarson. I'm excited! Also I
might be emailing a day early or late next week!

Church this week was just wonderfully beautiful. Again! I just love
fast and testimony meeting. Fasting has come to mean so much here on
the mission. I love how on Fast Sunday you can unite with the whole
ward. We really are all in this together. It is really great that we are
seeing some meno attivi come back to church these past couple weeks.

Marta came back from Cuba yesterday! We are going on scambio Friday so
I won't be able to see her because I'll be in Milano but I'm excited
to hear how her lesson goes!

It was fun to hear all your ponderizing scriptures from last week!
Everyone's was so perfect for them. I want to keep hearing them!

My Ponderize scritture this week is 2 Nephi 26:12-13.
"And as I spake concerning the convincing of the Jews, that Jesus is
the very Christ, it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also
that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God;
And that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by
the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue,
and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the
children of men according to their faith."

Our mission is reading the Book of Mormon with a focus on Jesus. When
President Dibb invited us to do so I was already doing it thanks to
Derrek's challenge from his mission President. It must be pretty
important. It really is. Really, there is nothing more important than
knowing who Christ is. It gives your whole life purpose. It gives you
hope. We had opportunity to teach a young African mom yesterday. I
love teaching Africans because most of them have such a deep love for
Jesus Christ. They really understand that if he didn't come and
sacrifice as He did we would be nothing. Yesterday she told us that
Christ is her everything. I could tell that she truly meant it. It
reminded me of the verse in Isaiah 12 (also in 2 Nephi 22) that says
"the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my
salvation." He is our everything! As I read 2 Nephi and Jacob this
past week I have really noted that everything they say leads to
Christ. Because it was my last Zone Training on Thursday. Because I
had thought we were going to have a November Training before I went
home I hadn't thought too much about what I was going to say. But it
really wasn't hard when I got up there to summarize what I learned in
this past year and half. Why? Because it was all about Christ. He
really is everything. He has given me hope when I was uncertain. He
has given me strength when I have been weak. His love has encircled me
and motivated me to try a little harder, to be a little better. He has
helped me to love more fully and more deeply than I could have ever
imagined. He is my perfect example and the phrase "What would Jesus
do?" Really has been imprinted on my heart. You don't need to go on a
mission to develop a relationship with your Savior but I am so
thankful for my mission. I am stronger and firmer in the faith and it
is all thanks to Him. As everybody keeps reminding me, I only have a
month left. I want to use this time to help everyone I meet know their
Savior just a little bit better. I have not been a perfect missionary,
finder, companion, sister, but thanks to the Savior, I have been
perfect at retrying. I know that through Him we can truly do anything.

I am excited to see what miracles lie in our path this upcoming week!
I love you all very much! Remember you never alone!

V.V.B.

Sorella Dani Hamblin

No comments:

Post a Comment