Thursday, November 5, 2015

Rule 382: "The more proselyting you do in the rain the more beautiful your spouse will be!" -- Linda K. Burton

October 22, 2015

Sorry I'm emailing a day late, we had a conference yesterday with
Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Sister Burton, and President Johnson. It
was such a fun conference! All the Sorelle in the mission came and the
anziani who lived close to Milano. It was so great to hear from
General Presidents of the Relief a Society and Young Women and also
their husbands and also President Johnson, a member of the seventy,
and his wife. All of them talked about not losing the skills, habits,
and talents we learn on the mission.  They
stressed the importance that the mission is a training for the rest of
our life. Not only did I learn a lot and receive spiritual support, I
also got some major moral support from seeing all my past companions
who are still on the mission. There are eight! It was so great to see
them all and say goodbye before I leave in three weeks. I love each
and every one of them and I am so proud of the work they are doing. I
am so lucky to have served with some of the most amazing, hardworking
sisters!

On Sunday we went to Bishop's fireside for the GANS (young single
adults). A fireside in Italian is called Camminetto which means
"little walk". I thought that was interesting. It was such a good
fireside! Sometimes as missionaries, missionaries think they are not a
part of the ward, but I feel like such a part of this ward. Bishop
said some things that I really needed to hear that night and I'm so
thankful that he is inspired!

Last Friday and Saturday we did a scambio with the Milano Sorelle. I
went to Milano with Sorella Hibo. It was such a fun scambio. I love
working in Milano because it is jam-packed with people. We talked to so
many people in the little time we had to do some finding. One lady was
just coming from serving some elderly. We talked about how the real
purpose of life is to help others. She didn't want to learn more but
she was touched by what we were doing.

My Ponderize scritture this week is Mosiah 14:4-5 "Surely he has borne
our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken,
smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our
transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of
our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

I thought the scripture was fitting for this week with Ina getting
baptized tomorrow. I don't remember how much I've said about her but
our investigator Ina finished her cancer treatment and the doctors
have declared her cancer free! She is getting baptized on Friday! This
is answer to many fasts and prayers by missionaries and members in
Modena and Reggio Emilia! She met the missionaries three years ago in
Reggio Emilia. She has battled cancer treatments off and on these past
three years and has been waiting to be cleared by the doctors so she
can be baptized. She said the doctors are very surprised how quickly
she has recovered. This past tumor was only found 5 months ago and she
is cancer free now. The doctors have attributed her rapid recovery to
her incredible faith. She has truly relied on her Savior and Father in
Heaven to get her through this. She has trusted that whatever was
supposed to happen would happen. Her faith truly is incredible. On
Sunday she didn't say much at church because she was so excited for
her baptism. I know she is ready because I have never met anyone who
understands the healing power of the Atonement so fully!  We visited
her today as the spirit was just so strong. All she talks about now is
helping others. She wants others to find Christ like she has. She is
one of the most humble, most special people I've ever met. I am so
thankful I get to experience this with her. She is going to do some
amazing things.

President and Sorella Dibb said they are going to try to make it to
her baptism tomorrow.

Well all in all it was a pretty fantastic week. I'm so tired, but so happy.
Praying you all see some miracles this week too!

Vi voglio bene!


Sorella Dani Hamblin

No comments:

Post a Comment