Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rule 200! Don't Give Up On Anyone!

March 25, 2015

What a wonderful week! Last Saturday there was an 8 year-old getting baptized! Sorella Distante and I knew that this was a great opportunity for our investigators! We invited EVERYONE! After many calls and texts we invited over 100 people. 100 people!  And 3 people came! It was a miracle!  I know it may sound small but it was HUGE! 

One of the people was Lisa who I talked about last week. She was really touched by the hymns. We had an opportunity to sing a couple hymns with her right before the baptism and she really felt the spirit (and we know it wasn't because of our wonderful singing abilities). 

Another was Marti. She was a girl I talked to on the bus the other day. She had never heard of the Church, but agreed to come to the baptism. Afterwards she said is was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. 

But, the biggest of all was Chiara! She met the missionaries 20 years ago. She has studied with the missionaries off and on since then. 20 years!  It actually really surprised me when she said she really wanted to come to the  baptism. After the baptism she told us that we needed to talk. She had received her answer. She knew!  It was one of the most wonderful things I had ever seen on my mission. I saw her change overnight. She still has some things to overcome before she can be baptized. But I have seen her heart change. 

This is a Gospel of miracles. This Gospel is true. Maybe not everyone knows it yet, but one day they will. Everyone will have their time. I am thankful I was born within the church. I don't know why I can have the opportunity to have the Gospel early in my life and others didn't. But I do know that God loves ALL his children. He has a plan for us all. 

Presdient Dibb has asked me to really help my companion learn English. She doesn't think she is doing very well, but I am impressed by her determination and how far she has come in 3 weeks with only me to practice with!
Sorella Distante and I went to New Missionary Training in Firenze yesterday. It was so great to hear from our leaders and learn. I feel like I learned more than the new missionaries! There is always something we can do to improve. We also have to remember it is important to not become overwhelmed either. We can take it 1% at a time. If everyday we improve ourselves by 1%, piano piano... we will eventually make that 100%. 

Vi voglio bene,

Sorella Dani Hamblin


A LITTLE EASTER TREAT!


GIANT CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG!


SORELLA DISTANTE WITH HERS!


NEW MISSIONARY TRAINING


SORELLA JOHNSON WITH ME!  WE BOTH ARE TRAINING NEW MISSIONARIES!


THESE TWO SORELLE STAYED WITH US WHEN THEY CAME TO PICK UP THEIR PERMESSO DI SOGIORNO.

No comments:

Post a Comment