Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rule 170: Who Needs English Anyways!?

March 11, 2015


Okay I thought I was surprised last week when I found out I was training... well SURPRISE! She is Italian! There was only one Italian in the group coming in and I got her! She doesn't speak English... I am sorry but in the next 12 weeks my emails will probably be even harder to read. 

Anyways, this week has been great! I am so out of my mind tired but that is because we are working harder than ever. I think everyone needs to stop by the Spain MTC before coming to Italy because this girl really knows how to do missionary work. Her name is Sorella Distante.  Yes, it really does mean distant or far. :) She is so amazing, I don't know how I got blessed with such an amazing "greenie". She is exactly what Bologna needs. She cannot stop talking to people. Seriously, we are late to everything because she has to talk to one more person, or try one more door. Something funny we have found is that all the Italians like to talk to me and all the foreigners like to talk to her.  I know we are going to some amazing "greenie" miracles in the next couple months. 

Nothing terribly exciting happened this week, just doing wonderful finding work. I really have learned to love finding work. I love talking to these people. I love giving them an opportunity to have more hope in their lives. We met some wonderful people this week. One is from Brazil, but has lived here for 20 years. We taught her the Restoration last night. I could tell she couldn't understand all that we were teaching, but the Spirit was so strong. The Spirit really is the teacher. Every time I teach the Restoration I get so excited. This gospel is true. We really can receive answers to our prayers like Joseph Smith. God does answer prayers. Every prayer! All we need to do is ask. Is there anything more wonderful really? There is a God in Heaven that loves you. You never need to fear because you can overcome all with Gods help. I love being a missionary. 

I love you all!
Sorella Dani Hamblin

Pic: My "greenie" on her first day! And it took half my mission, but I finally saw Anziano Crowther at transfer circles #FHEsiblings 



No comments:

Post a Comment