Thursday, January 1, 2015

Rule 112: Snow is one of Satan's tools!

December 31, 2014

I hope everyone had a great week! I know our Christmas was pretty special here. We got to eat a propio Italian meal with a sweet older couple in our ward, play a few games, and best of all: SKYPE home!! It was so nice. It was the first time to skype for both me and my companion and we were really worried we would get really homesick right after. However we were just fine. If anything it was really nice to see that our families are still just their normal wonderful selves and that they are still living their lives. I don't really know how to explain it, but somehow I think we are less homesick :) 

Anyways, this week has been rather uneventful. Our ward mission leader gave us a list of old investigators and less actives that he thought we could try to visit. We have gone through the whole list and have set up an appointment with almost every single person on the list. Most the people we had already tried but had had no luck. It is a blessing to know that our leaders really are inspired and are a huge help to missionary work. So out of the 7 appointments we had scheduled for Monday and Tuesday only 1 actually went through. But hey, that is just how it goes sometimes! My companion and I are working hard and the other missionaries and us are really trying to get the members excited about the work here. 

It snowed for the first time on Sunday and I can almost guarantee there were more members in church at the Montevarchi branch than our Bologna ward. It was pretty depressing to be in our big chapel with only 2 families and a handful of couples. I have decided I am adding snow to the long list of Satan's tools! Haha!  At least its pretty! 

One thing I have really thought about this week is happiness. It really is a choice. It is easy to be happy  when everything goes your way. But you grow so much more when you can be happy when things are hard. You feel stronger. I know God has a plan for every single person on this earth. Yes, even you. Even the creepy drunk people on the street. Even the crazy bus drivers who almost run over your companion. I know every single person is important to Him. I know it is important to help each other out  in any way we can, even if it just a smile. I hope you have have a great New Year's (Capodanno!).

Vi voglio tantissimo bene,

Sorella Dani Hamblin


Our improvised Christmas tree! 


I took this picture skyping with the family.
Derrek (Elder Hamblin)  is talking on the white phone Dad is holding.
(He didn't get to skype from his mission.)


Bologna has beautiful architecture!
(Yes, it's COLD!)


Bologna...


Playing air hockey at our Bishop's house with the Anziani.





No comments:

Post a Comment