Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2 weeks or 2 years???

It's only been 2 weeks but it feels like 2 years!!!


And yet, I don't want to leave! I absolutely love it here!

It amazes me how much I can learn in just one day!

My companionship had a hard week. It turns out that I have been offending my sweet french companion every time I say "you're good." I say it all the time like when people apologize or say excuse me I say it instead of "no problem" or if she is asking if she is saying the English word correctly I just say "you're good!" Apparently that doesn't translate so well in french! The whole time we've been here she has thought I didn't like her ! But now thank goodness we talked it out and we are already much closer. I just wish I had known sooner! 

We have been working on companionship unity this week. It is harder when there is three of us, but I'm up for the challenge!

Anziano Nelson and his wife came out yesterday! Sorella Nelson talked about how important it is to be desperate: desperate for the gospel, desperate for the Savior. I hadn't really thought about it like that before. Anziano Nelson gave a lot of good advice. One thing that stood out to me was his reminder to ask for blessings. The Lord is willing and waiting to bless us, all we need to do is ask!

Everyday I am reminded of how real the gift of tongues is! It's incredible!

I saw Sister Vandebourge (I know I spelled that wrong!!!) from my BYU ward and Sister Bennion from Allen!!! It is so fun to see people I know! I see Elder Andrews all the time. Both my comps. are extremely social so between all three of us, we can't go anywhere here without seeing someone we know.

My favorite days here are Sundays and Wednesdays (P-day) We get to walk up to the temple on Sundays and get to do a session on Wednesdays. I am really going to miss the temple while I am in Italy! 

I have grown so much as a person and I've only been here two weeks. I am on the craziest emotional roller coaster but I have never done anything that is better for me. I have grown to trust and rely on the Lord more than ever before.

Tomorrow we are teaching 4 lessons (in Italiano of course)! Wow. I think we have finally figured out how to teach well together though, so I'm pretty excited! Yesterday we had one of the best lessons.

Please please keep writing me. Mail time always makes my day so much better! Thanks for keep me updated! Love you all!!

I'll close with a thought I heard last night:
Why I am here on a mission? Because I follow Christ.

Con amore,

Sorella (Dani) Hamblin



My companions and me at the Provo Temple.


Week 2 District pic.


Take 2!  Probably should have done a few more takes!


Sora Quist (going to Rome) is one of my best friends here.


More sisters going to Rome!


And more....


And one more!



This drawing was done by my French companion.  Can you guess which one I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment